Wednesday, May 20, 2009

my first day on the blog

I've been researching blogs for a couple of weeks. It got narrowed down to BlogSpot and WordPress. It heard pros and cons of both. Two deciding factors behind my decision to go with BlogSpot:

(1) WordPress requires that your web host provides 2 things: PHP version 4.3 or greater, and MySQL version 4.0 or greater. My web host plan with Interscot Network (Express Host) does not support WordPress; I would have to upgrade to the next plan (Enterprise Host), at double the price. 

(2) Many friends/colleagues recommended BlogSpot, and I trust all of them! 

After I get a bit more acclimated, I will post info. about my recent experience at the Surtex/National Stationary Shows, as well as presentations on selling & licensing art & design.

No comments:

Post a Comment